You ask yourselves why is your dehumidifier blowing hot air? In this article, we will explain it fully so you’ll learn how to notice the difference between regular “heat production” and extremely hot air that could cause real damage.
Let’s do homework again. No matter whether you had bought it to help you remove mold or to simply make you feel more comfortable at home, having a dehumidifier is supposed to keep your home’s humidity at a comfortable and reasonable level.
It may vary from model to model, but there are situations when you may notice that your HVAC unit is producing heat and you started to wonder if this could cause damage? Should your dehumidifier run constantly?
Some questions are yet to be answered, but first, we need to clarify why this may occur and how to recognize the difference between normal heat production and a dangerous one.
You may be thinking: “Why is my dehumidifier blowing hot air?” This article is about to explain you this.
Why dehumidifiers blow hot air?
First, you may be thinking if the product is being malfunctioned or something is wrong with the unit’s settings.
Remember this fact: dehumidifiers naturally produce heat.
It is a “mission” to extract the humidity out of the space where you’ve set it up and it should produce heat, meaning that it’s working well. It’s a regular dehumidification process!
There is no dehumidifier that blows cool air, those are called air conditioners.
Reasons you’ve noticed the increased heat productions
- room type (if you use your unit in a smaller space like a bedroom, it is expected that you may have noticed increased heat as it’s more notable in larger rooms)
- Faulty defrost system (it can cause that condenser to work under unexpected stress. Prolonged faulty defrost system may cause unit’s complete damage)
- Electrical issues (electric short circuits)
- Lifespan is near to an end
Also, it’s worth noting some other issues like an overworked compressor but this may occur after you’ve been using the same unit for years.
What Temperature Should The Air Be Coming Out Of A Dehumidifier?
The air temperature coming out of a dehumidifier should be at least 50 to 59 degrees Fahrenheit higher than the initial air.
If your dehumidifier is producing hot air, don’t worry. It’s normal process because there is no dehumidifier that is blowing cold air. Those are called air conditioners.
For dehumidifier, blowing hot air is a normal and expected process, but if it’s blowing too much hot air, it’s important to detect the reasons. If the owner’s manual doesn’t help, it’s time for you to call an expert or to simply buy a new unit!
If you detect that your unit is producing too much hot air, using the owner’s manual may be helpful.
In case you couldn’t figure things out, it’s time to call an expert as you may need your dehumidifier to be services.
The last resort option is buying a new dehumidifier.
But if it is blowing too much hot air, use the owner’s manual to figure things out.
You can also call an expert to have your dehumidifier serviced. Or, buy a new dehumidifier to replace the broken one.
Our recommendation is to consider so called “low temperature units”.
Recommendation – Buy low temperature dehumidifier
We definitely recommend to consider buying low temperature dehumidifier and we’d suggest our three best choices in 2022.
Best low temperature dehumidifiers
- hOmeLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier.
- Kesnos Dehumidifier.
- Waykar Dehumidifier
- KESNOS DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 4,500 SQ FT - Our dehumidifier removes up to 70 pints (under 95°F, 90%RH condition) of moisture per day (Please note: The max dehumidification capacity is up to 70 pints under 95°F, 90%RH working condition) for spaces up to 4,500 Sq. Ft. Being able to adjust humidity from 30%RH to 85%RH, it is a perfect dehumidifier for basements, homes, offices, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, stockrooms, living rooms, laundry rooms, and crawlspaces.
- INNOVATIVEL DEHUMIDIFIER DESIGN: Kesnos dehumidifiers are a reliable and high-quality product, unlike traditional dehumidifiers which have a short lifespan. It has an intelligent automatic restart function after power failure recovery, which can better protect the continuous impact of power failure on electrical appliances. And there is an excellent water tank water level monitor system, which can safely stop the operation after the water tank is full and protect the life of the dehumidifier.
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR MODERN HOMES - This Kesnos portable dehumidifier is designed with a sleek and modern look. The castor wheels and ergonomically recessed handles allow you to move this dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan won't disturb you when you sleep or work, and it has two speeds for you to adjust. With the dry clothes function, you simply place the dehumidifier in a room where you can hang the wet clothes and let it dry clothes naturally.
- EASY TO USE DEHUMIDIFIERS - The home dehumidifier will run and will automatically shut off when it reaches your preset humidity level. Two drainage options: Auto Drain: With the included 6.56ft/2m drain hose, you can drain the collected water continuously without emptying the water bucket. Manual Drain: The bucket full indicator let you know when the water bucket (2.2L) needs to be emptied.
- INTELLIGENT TOUCH CONTROL - This dehumidifier with digital display offers a convenient and accurate humidity level readout, you can operate it easily. Auto Humidity Control: Simply set the ideal humidity level, it will smartly sense the room humidity and maintain your preset humidity. 24hr Timer: Allow you to preset the time to turn on or off the machine.
- DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 4500 SQ FT- Our dehumidifier are able to remove up to 70 pints (under 95°F,85%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,85%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 70 pints)in areas up to 4,500 Sq. Ft and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%. It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, large spaces/room, etc..
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR MODERN HOMES - The Waykar dehumidifier is designed with a sleek and modern look. With castors and an ergonomic recessed handle, you can move around this portable dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan won't disturb you when you sleep or work, and it has two speeds for you to adjust. Compared with other dehumidifiers with only one outlet, this one features 4 air outlets in four directions to improve the efficiency.
- INTELLIGENT TOUCH CONTROL- There is an intelligent screen touch control panel display on the dehumidifier, you can operate it easily. Humidity Auto Control: Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidification to maintain pre-set humidity levels. 24-hour Timer: For preset operation and reduced energy consumption. Automatic Shut Off/On: Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full, and switch it on again after the bucket been emptied.
- DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND- Waykar dehumidifiers with functions of Safety Standby Mode that prevents overheating. Overflow Protection and Alarming Functions available if the water tank is full for extra security. Internal Components that are made of thermally resistant materials. Child-lock Setting and Sleep Mode function, you can press the "LOCK" button for 2 seconds to locked the dehumidifier, if there are children at home, parents will feel less worries that they will mess up the appliance.
- SUPPORT- All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just an-email away.
- Small and compact dehumidifier with 16 ounce / 500 ml capacity tank extracts up to 9 ounces / 250 ml of moisture daily to purify air in enclosed and small rooms and spaces
- Features low noise thermoelectric peltier module and energy efficient 25W ETL certified adapter to prevent overheating for safer use. Ideal for use at night with low energy consumption
- Quiet dehumidifier shuts off automatically and triggers LED indicator light when the tank is full and water is ready for removal - a convenient option for closets, bathrooms, showers, gun safes and more
- Best for removing moisture; provides a healthy working and living environment.
- Handy lightweight home dehumidifier measures 6.5 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches, makes it convenient to move from room to room, and its suited for 110V power supply with 2 flat pin plug (9V / 2.5A)
Last update on 2022-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API