Lot of buyers ask this question is Midea a good brand for dehumidifiers and there is no unique answer to it, but the brand has more than 85% of satisfied customers all over the world and that speaks to itself.
Table of Contents
- About the brand
- Product review
About the brand
As health becomes our number one priority, many people make lifestyle changes to make healthy living a habit. One of such changes, besides more exercise and better food, are dehumidifiers. Moist, humid air can be detrimental to the health of kids, pets, and those who are prone to respiratory issues such as allergies, common colds, bronchitis, asthma, and more.
How do you know which dehumidifier brand fits you? Is Midea a good brand?
Let’s find out in today’s short review. GD Midea Air Conditioning Equipment is the company’s full name, and they specialize in air-treatment products like air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and more. As a company with 21 production facilities worldwide, they are a trustworthy choice.
What Makes Midea Dehumidifiers Special?
Almost all dehumidifiers on their websites have reviews – this is a fantastic tool one must not overlook. Besides Amazon, where their products have tens of thousands of reviews, their official website provides some of the customers’ feedback!
They have worked with many air gadgets and have developed smart technologies available to you at a reasonable price! For example, many of their dehumidifiers are compatible with smartphones, timers, and turbo mode functions.
The portable designs come in all sizes and shapes, and the modern look fits most households. Most models come in black and white, they’re equipped with wheels and have built-in pumps.
One last thing we love about their dehumidifiers are the wallet-friendly technologies tested and certified with high efficiency. We love being eco-friendly and saving cash on the way! These gadgets sometimes work all day long since you want to keep the air in check, so it’s important to save money.
What About The Customer Support?
Midea is a well-established brand you can trust. Not only do they have a very thorough FAQ (frequently asked questions) section on their website, as well as a place where you can register your product, but they also provide a live chat Monday through Friday.
You can always contact them and even shop for parts at the official store! Furthermore, all products have a warranty, and you can download the manuals at the official website if you ever lose them.
It depends on your expectations and what would you exactly need? For example, previously mentioned 50 pint model is great choice if you need a dehumidifier for basement.
If you’ll need one for medium or smaller rooms like bathrooms or your own bedroom, than a 20 pint dehumidifier should fit in well.
There is also 35 pint model which is perfect for medium rooms or you have a smaller space with lot of moisture and condensation.
- SMALLER FORM, LARGER CAPACITY - Up to 3X larger water tank allows the Midea Cube to operate up to 3X longer than a conventional dehumidifier. You can enjoy more time without the hassle of emptying the water tank.
- SET IT AND FORGET IT - Versatile, no-bucket option provides more flexibility to remove moisture. You can remove the water tank and place the unit above the sink using the included drain hose, or position it over a floor drain, near a window or door.
- SMART CONTROL (Wi-Fi Connectivity) - You can preset the water level and will receive full-water alert when it is filled. Midea Cube Air App enables monitoring the real-time dehumidification status (water levels and humidity levels) of Midea Cube whenever and wherever.
- LIFT AND TWIST- World's first extendable dehumidifier offers unparalled flexibility - operate in extended or nested form. The nested design means you can easily find a place to store the unit when the space becomes dry, or extend it to its full capacity whenever you need it.
- 3,500 SQUARE FEET OF COVERAGE - Our dehumidifier is able to collect 35 pint (Similar to 50 Pint-2012 DOE) of water a day and adjust humidity from 35% to 85%, perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, or crawlspace.
Most common issues – what you need to know before buying Midea dehumidifiers
Every product in the world has some cons, and so is with dehumidifiers.
What are the most common cons of Midea Dehumidifiers (50 pint model):
- the fan on the unit initially blows room temperature air but within a few minutes, the air is almost 20 degrees hotter than the ambient air. This is definitely concerning with regard to a possible overheating/fire hazard.
- The fans on both settings (High and Low) are extremely loud. You have to place the unit far enough otherwise you will not be able to carry out a conversation.
- After the unit has been on for a while and if you’re trying to empty the bucket; keep in mind that there is still residual condensation/water in the main unit which will come out and spill into the floor/carpet. To prevent this; while emptying out the water, follow these steps: Switch off the unit -> Lean the Dehumidifier main unit (top) on all 4 sides so the existing/condensed water spills into the bucket below -> Place top unit on a mat -> Empty Bottom Unit.
Midea Dehumidifier with drain hose
Drain hose ensures continuous drain option and the good thing with Midea is very easy maintenance. 1.500 Sq.FT. dehumidifier can be helpful if you need it for a larger room.
One of our has recently bought this model and here is his review:
“I was able to assemble it within 15 minutes without any help from my hubby. Instruction is included makes assembly a breeze. There is a handle with the water bucket so I can dump away the water easily. The bucket is decent size so I don’t think I would need to empty the water every so often in case I am away. The dehumidifier has roller options so I can move it around the house without dragging it across the room. The machine itself is not too heavy anyway. There are illuminating buttons on top of the machine (see pictures) so I can adjust it at night. I put it on comfort mode and run it 24/7 for the past 3 days. I know is working properly because it won’t be on at all time. It just keeping it at the humidity level that I set. Another thing I like about this dehumidifier is that the filter is washable, and it shows you alert when filter needs to be cleaned and if water is full so I don’t need to put out the bucket to check or forgot about emptying it. The machine itself is not too noisy compare to other that I had seen. I am getting another one for the basement too.“
- 4,500 SQ. FT. DEHUMIDIFIER – This Midea dehumidifier is able to remove 50 pints (70 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture a day and adjust humidity from 35% to 85%. Perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, office, kitchen, cellar, or crawlspace. Maintaining a healthy 45%-55% humidity range has never been easier.
- QUIET & ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED – With a low dBA output, this dehumidifier is quieter than a household refrigerator. Meanwhile, with Energy Star certification, the unit features a continuous dehumidification mode designed to keep your home at the proper humidity level 24/7 while saving you money.
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES & WARRANTY - Features include auto restart function limiting disruption due to power outages, "Turbo" mode to increase the fan speed for maximum moisture removal, auto defrost function to prevent collected water from being frozen, and an option to run a continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full. Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty.
- MODERN DESIGN – This dehumidifier has a clean, sleek look in order to fit the style of any home, apartment, or business. It even comes with 360° rotatable wheels, digital control panel, built-in timer to program a schedule, and handles to easily move the dehumidifier anywhere you please with ease.
- EASY MAINTENANCE – Easily empty the included tank (1.6 gallons) when it’s full, or simply connect a standard hose (not included) to the built in socket for gravity fed continuous draining. When using the manual drainage the dehumidifier will shut off automatically when the bucket is full and switch on again after the bucket emptied. Meanwhile, a washable filter preserves air quality without expensive replacement parts.
We’d recommend Midea as a manufacturer – there are tons of reviews out there that prove the quality of their products, but what strikes us as most important is the customer support and the attention they pay to detail.
Last update on 2022-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API